01 January 2010

Airborne

I returned to Elk River Falls yesterday, and who should appear but Jodie, the stray! He has a very handsome trotting gait and makes his way towards you like he has a purpose, but has a very aloof additude. He allowed me to pet him many times, and even ate cheese out of my hand. When I started humming a song, his ears picked up and he came trotting right up to me, sticking his nose in my face. I doubt he has a person, but there are surely plenty of scraps to be had from nearby trash bins.


3 comments:

  1. There is something about all of your photos that I love. Especially the dog at the very top, under your title. I like the chicken crossing the road, and the dog in this post.
    Nice work! Keep snappin'.

    ~Avery
    averyandphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing. So many people squeeze hard on that little silver button hoping that the flash fires off and the electronic shutter reflexes to capture a golden moment for them. As a young photographer you are already realizing that "happy accidents" on film occur few and far between. It's the timing and exposure and preparation that produce great images. Developing a style that warms YOU inside is important. The people viewing your images will feel that in translation.

    btw: i love sharing these times with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel that this dog is alone and a survivor based on this picture. He is strong and this is an awesome picture. AWESOME!! His face, the way you captured it, well, rendures me speechless!!! I have my days when I too, feel like this dog looks, powerful, in control and 'don't mess with me people'! Thanks for a really great photo!

    ReplyDelete