19 January 2010

Paper Birch


I've been taking lots of walks lately because my good friends Emily and Hannah live about ten to fifteen minutes down a nearby road. Emily is my best friend from Field Hockey and also my zombie killing accomplice. (We always play Left For Dead at her house.) Hannah is a musical genius and one of my bandmates. I've taken my camera for these walks because there are plenty of oppourtunities for macro work. I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ3. It has a great macro function and I really recommend it for anyone. It's a little heavy because it's made of metal, but all the better for me. I'm a menace to all things electrical, especially headphones.
This is a Paper Birch tree. Its bark splits every year in the winter. They're really pretty up close, but from a distance they just look like they're moulting pitifully.
Sorry for the delay. I have half days at school this week, so I'll get back into the posting groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment