23 November 2010

Beata Maria


This is another one of the prints I made for the Line assignment. In this photograph, I wanted to show the contrast in shape and line between the rock wall and the smooth lines of Mary's robe.
See in the top right corner, the rocks are washed out? That's from the sunlight wrapping around the edge of the wall and exposing the film more on that side. I don't really appreciate it, and I couldn't fix it Picasa, either. Well, now I'll know to look out for sunlight with nefarious intentions. Photo class is a learning process.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shot. I love the busy rocks all around... It doesn't effect her determination in peace. She is soft and calm in great resolve.

    In picasa... Turn you photo sideways, right side up. Then try the gradient filter in the lower right corner of tweaks. It will allow you to darken the top edge and feather it into the rest of the photo. It may help. Save your copy while it is turn! Otherwise when you spin it back left the shade filter will twist topside. So if you ever need to do both sides... Twist, adjust, save. The open the new copy and twist to other side and repeat. Save copy. ;)

    ReplyDelete